The lectures will be preceded by activities proposed by the Scienscope teams of the University of Geneva.
Come and discover the five elements through a series of activities that illustrate them in a simple and fun way: water cycles, volcanoes and the formation of the Earth’s surface, Plato’s mathematical association of the elements to solids in geometry, soil fauna, the discovery of the impacts of our daily activities on aquatic ecosystems, in particular on algae and photosynthesis.
The animations will be held every evening from 5:30 pm in front of the auditorium
The different workshops that will be offered:
- The 5 elements and the Platonic solids (mathematics)
- Earth of water: from the drop to the river (Earth and environmental sciences)
- Earth of fire: stories of volcanoes (Earth and environmental sciences)
- To the rescue of our algae! (Earth and environmental sciences)
- Soil: Diversity and Dependence (Biology)